Thursday 6 October 2011

Aloha from Hawaii



So a couple of days ago we arrived in Honolulu staying in an average hotel for 8 nights before ending our stay next week with 2 nights in the Hilton ooh er!!!

Our detoxing did not get off to the best start when we discovered a Dennys a block from our hotel and proceeded to eat pancakes and french toast for breakfast followed by California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. After dinner we went for a walk and managed to accidentally on purpose wander into the Sheraton where they have an infinity pool overlooking the beach. We spent a couple of hours here talking whilst dipping our legs in the pool and listening to the ocean (I know what you are thinking, hard life).

Obviously we couldn't fully appreciate the pool view at nighttime so the next day we sneaked back to the pool during the day as you can see from the photos. We did feel on edge a bit as we were one of only a few without all inclusive wristband on, oops! However the pool was lovely with a great view and who needs all inclusive when you can find the next strange flavour of Pringles. Ranch! I am still on the fence with this one, I think I still prefer seaweed.

3 comments:

sarah said...

look like a nice place to chill.... em were is ur grass skirt?? x

Mum said...

Seaweed flavour for me every time please! I cannot see a photo of Kris giving you a lei made from the ti plant?

Anonymous said...

I saw Pizza flavoured Pringles in a store in Victoria the other day - don't eat pringles to know if that was a 'unique' one or not...? let me know...
Nancy